Introduction to Financial Modeling in Excel
Training TypeLive Training
About the Course
For those new to Financial Modeling, this course from the author of “Financial Modeling in Excel for Dummies”, Danielle Stein Fairhurst will introduce the fundamentals and concepts of building a financial model using Excel. This is a practical course in which you will develop the skills to build your own financial model which can be taken away for future reference.
You will learn how to design and create a user-friendly model using best practice techniques which can then be taken away for future reference.
You will learn to:
1. Use absolute and relative cell referencing for modeling
2. Create a basic error check formula
4. Use techniques to prevent model errors
5. Document model assumptions
6. Link and change variables
7. Prevent data from being changed by protecting your model
8. Build and use drop-down boxes
This course builds on students’ basic knowledge of simple formulas and incorporates these into a financial model.
Who is the Target Audience?
Finance professionals who need to expand their Excel modeling skills
At minimum, it is assumed that participants will know how to:
• Navigate confidently in Excel
• Create and use simple formulas
• Link between workbooks
What is Financial Modeling?
Linking for Best Practice
Absolute & Relative Cell Referencing
Calculating Project Costs
Logical Nested Functions
Creating a Financial Model with Inputs & Assumptions
Calculating Revenue & Expenses
Building the financial statements
Protecting your Workbook
Presenting the Model output