OpenCV Computer Vision Application Programming
Learn OpenCV Basics, Image Processing, Segmenting Images and Obtaining Interesting Points, Computational Photography, Recognizing Objects, Calibration and Stereo Images, and more
- Self-paced with Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
Incorporate OpenCV's powerful computer vision application programming techniques to build and make your own applications stand out from the crowd
"OpenCV Computer Vision Application Programming" allows you to dive into the world of computer vision and get many practical benefits from it with minimal effort. You will learn to recognize and identify specific faces among others, or even train your very own object detector to use it for your own specific purposes.
"OpenCV Computer Vision Application Programming" helps you get started with the library by first learning how to install OpenCV correctly on your system. You will then explore basic image processing concepts as well as the different interfaces that you can use in OpenCV. Develop techniques to separate foreground and background in your images, create stunning panoramas easily by stitching normal images together, enhance your photographs, calibrate your camera and automatically detect common objects like faces or people on your images. Reduce the distortion of your photographs and make straight lines of the scene look straight instead of bent in your images.
You will learn to change the perspective of your images so that it appears that you are moving around, similar to google street view navigation and develop a 3D representation of a scene using stereoscopic images.
On completion of this course, you will be able to mix and match the provided examples to build your own application.
About the Author
Sebastian Montabone is a computer engineer with a Master of Science degree in computer vision. He is the author of scientific articles regarding image processing and a book, Beginning Digital Image Processing: Using Free Tools for Photographers.
He uses many open source software and strongly believes in the open source philosophy. Embedded systems also have been of interest to him, especially mobile phones. He created and taught a course about development of applications for mobile phones, and has been recognized as a Nokia developer champion.
If you could summarize all his areas of interest in a single concept, it would be ubiquitous computing. Currently he is a software consultant and entrepreneur.
- Prior knowledge of computer vision or image processing is not needed
- Learn what OpenCV is and how to install it on Linux and Windows
- Development with OpenCV using the recommended C++ interface, as well as an introduction to the Python and C interfaces.
- Segment objects in your images using grabcut and watershed, cluster your data, and spot interesting points in the image
- Merge different images into a single panorama using the technique called panorama stitching
- Detect common objects in your images, like faces, eyes, or people
- Train your own object detector to detect custom objects
- Recognize a face among many others
- Learn to calibrate your camera
- Remove or reduce the distortion of an image caused by the lens, commonly known as barrel distortion
- Change the perspective of an image to match a different 3D pose
- Create an image that represents depth information of the scene using stereoscopic images
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
53$ 9.99 $ 49.99
13$ 9.99 $ 49.99