Master Entity Framework in a step-by-step manner and learn advanced querying techniques, migrations, and testing.
You will start the course by exploring data validation and learn how to implement data validation inside your model using attributes. Then you will use validation inside MVC controllers and expose validations inside your MVC views in the user interface. Next you will delve into advanced query techniques. You will see how asynchronous code helps your applications scale better and explore query performance. Further, you will learn how to protect application data from concurrent access by multiple users, see how transactions enable changes to multiple tables and learn how to create an abstraction layer on top of Entity Framework by using the repository pattern. Next you will embrace migrations and embark on a journey designed to develop the database structure as your application evolves using Entity Framework Core migrations. Then you will create custom migrations that update database schemas and use custom scripts to perform migrations while protecting existing data during rename operations. Finally you will explore testing and set up a further learning path by writing unit and integration tests. You will see how to bring Entity Framework into a project based on an existing database. In conclusion, you will learn about additional areas Entity Framework core can be used in, and what types of data structure (besides RDBMS) can be accessed with EF Core.
About The Author
- Sergey Barskiy has a Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science with over 20 years of experience in Software Development. Sergey has architected and coded many software projects using Microsoft technologies for over 15 years. Presently he is working as an Architect with Tyler Technologies, the largest provider of municipal government software in the United States. He was a Microsoft MVP in IIS/ASP.NET for years, division that works on Entity Framework at Microsoft. He has used Entity Framework on large projects starting with the first beta in 2008. He has been working on web applications for almost a decade. He is familiar with a number of web technologies, such as Angular, Web Api, and other web frameworks He feels he has a lot to share with the audience, given the fact that he wrote a book on Entity Framework and authored a video on using Angular 2 in an MVC Core application. He has been using EF and .NET on a daily basis for almost a decade.
- Entity Framework Core
- Understand how to evolve database structures using migrations
- Set up an MVC .NET Core application that uses Entity Framework
- Enhance the performance and/or scalability of Entity Framework Core
- Explore data validation inside models using attributes
- Handle validation inside MVC Core via the Web API
- Learn advance query and update techniques such as joins and access stored procedures and views
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
53$ 9.99 $ 49.99
12$ 9.99 $ 49.99