Modernizing Python Applications: Migrating to Python 3.x
This course will help you master the dynamics of Python development. It will help you understand the key differences between Python 2.x and 3.x, and explain why you should migrate.
- Self-paced with Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
Great new features in Python 3.x to make coding easier for you
Are you still working with Python 2.x? Are you looking to switch to version 3.x before 2.x goes obsolete? This course will teach you how to migrate to Python 3.x from 2.x!
In this course, you will learn the major differences between Python 2.x and 3.x, and, more importantly, we provide guidelines for migrating to the newer version as efficiently as possible (and why you should!). You will also learn about some libraries (such as six, modernize, tox, future, and more) that will help you easily automate your migration process.
By the end of this course, you will be able to accelerate the performance of your application with the new features of Python 3 and will also have a strong foundation in migrating any applications from Python 2 to 3.
Please note that this course assumes prior experience working with Python 2.x. Some knowledge of Python 3.x will be beneficial.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on GitHub at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Modernizing-Python-Applications-Migrating-to-Python-3.x
About the Author
- Alberto Boschetti is a data scientist with expertise in signal processing and statistics. He holds a PhD in telecommunication engineering and currently lives and works in London. In his work projects, he faces challenges ranging from natural language processing (NLP) and behavioral analysis to machine learning and distributed processing. He is very passionate about his job and always tries to stay updated about the latest developments in data science technologies, attending meet-ups, conferences, and other events.
- If you have been working on an older version of Python and are anxious to upgrade (or if you are not sure how to migrate swiftly using automation), this course is for you. Basic knowledge of Python 2.7 (or previous versions) is required to take this course
- Master the dynamics of Python development
- Understand the key differences between Python 2.x and 3.x, and why you should migrate
- Automate migrating to 3.x successfully using built-in Python libraries
- Debug code easily using the breakpoint() function
- Create efficient code using the data class feature
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
52$ 9.99 $ 49.99
11$ 9.99 $ 49.99