In this course we look at what is PTSD?, the causes of PTSD, the treatments for PTSD, How we can support the client with PTSD in a professional and effective manner, Psychotherapy and pharmaceutical treatments for PTSD, evidence about the likely prognosis of PTSD, Who is likely to get PTSD and why. It is a largely lecture based, with presentations by myself Kevin O'Doherty, together with lots of narrated PowerPoint slides. There are also resources for your use.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners and Intermediate
- An interest in the area of PTSD and/or mental health generally
- What is PTSD?
- How is PTSD diagnosed?
- What are the symptoms of PTSD?
- Who is likely to get PTSD?
- Why do some people (who have experienced trauma) develop PTSD and others do not?
- Overview of treatments for PTSD
- Prescribed medicines often used for PTSD
- Trauma focused therapy for PTSD
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for CBT
I like how these videos were between 2 and 6 minutes long, it made it easier to absorb the information. The research projects were very interesting. I found the content of this course informative and easy to follow