The Spring 5.0 release is by far the most exciting Spring Framework release. Spring 5 brings in support for JetBrains' Kotlin language and the new reactive stack web framework. It helps you build robust, high-performance apps on a low budget.
In this course, you'll learn how to use the Spring 5 framework and unlock its benefits. You'll get started with the features of Spring 5.0 and extend your programming skills to build apps easily. Using the power of beans and dependency injection, you'll learn to wire application components with ease. You'll learn to handle UI-focused tasks better within your application and will then integrate Spring with your database to perform some basic CRUD tasks. We then introduce you to WebFlux, using which you will build a Spring Web App from scratch. Finally, you'll use reactive programming to build an end-to-end application.
By the end of the course, you'll have built a solid foundation in Spring 5 that will enable you to quickly make changes or scale up your apps in line with business needs.
The code files and related files are placed on GitHub at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Learn-Application-Development-with-Spring-5
About the Author
- Philipp Jahoda is an Austrian software developer with a strong focus on mobile development for Android (using Java and more recently Kotlin) and iOS. Philipp holds a Masters degree in Software Development and has been working with Java for more than 10 years. He has been using Spring extensively for back-end programs. Right now, Philipp is self-employed and works in his own startup company. Besides his professional work, he spends a lot of his free time working on open-source projects. His largest and most successful project so far is MPAndroidChart, a chart/graph library for Android.
- No prior experience with Spring is required; a basic knowledge of Java is assumed
- Get to grips with Spring Boot and set up your projects with Spring (including Maven)
- Use Spring Bean scopes, autowiring, and Spring components for application componentization
- Handle external file data efficiently with Spring Property file handling
- Create a Spring RestController (GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE)
- Handle different data stores with Spring Data
- Add reactive features to your Spring programs
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
52$ 9.99 $ 49.99
11$ 9.99 $ 49.99