Distributing Electron Applications
Learn to effectively package and distribute applications in Electron, a popular open source framework that allows you to build desktop applications using front-end developer skills.
- Self-paced with Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
Effectively package and distribute Electron applications.
Electron is a popular open source framework that allows you to build desktop applications using the skills you already possess as a front-end developer.
In this course, we'll go through detailed discussions on how to properly package, sign, and distribute Electron applications. We'll start by quickly explaining how Electron applications are packaged under the hood, and armed with that knowledge, we'll cover every single major operating system in detail by using tools that automate the whole process.
Desktop application deployment is not a trivial task, and you might feel lost coming from a web development background. This course will help you navigate the sea of desktop application distribution by teaching you best practices, answering common concerns, and explaining in detail how to delegate application packaging and deployment to continuous integration services, so you can deploy a version of your application to all operating systems with a single command
About The Author
- Juan Cruz Viotti is a software engineering team lead at resin.io. He is an active member of the open source community, and is the maintainer of several open source projects, most notably Etcher, a cross-platform image writer desktop application focused on IoT. Juan approaches software engineering with a focus on testability, and maintainability, and has extensive experience with web technologies on browser, server, mobile, desktop, and embedded applications.
- Electron development
- Explore how Electron packaging tools work under the hood
- Prepare your Electron application for application store submissions
- Code-sign your Electron application to ensure integrity
- Automate your deployments using continuous integration services
- Configure Travis CI and Appveyor CI to automatically build and deploy Electron applications
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
52$ 9.99 $ 49.99
11$ 9.99 $ 49.99