Modern Java Web Applications with Spring Boot 2.x
This course will teach you how to create various modules in a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) such as employee timesheets, leave management, and profiling.
- Self-paced with Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
Learn how to build, test, and deploy enterprise-grade Java applications.
Building web application has been a challenge for many Java developers because of the complexities of their software requirements, leading to a bloated and unmanaged framework library repository and configurations. Spring Boot 2.x, a feature-rich platform built from the Spring 5.x framework, is created by to help developers solve their complex problems with fewer configurations but with strong dependency management features.
In this course, you will learn how to create various modules in a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) such as employee timesheets, leave management, and profiling. You will use Spring Boot 2.x to create your HRIS app while integrating Spring Web MVC, Spring WebFlux, Spring Data, RESTful web services, and clients. Above all, you'll use the latest version of Spring Security—5.0—to secure your apps and OAuth 2.x to implement an OpenID connection. You'll apply reactive programming with its Spring Web Flux and Project Reactor features. Finally, you will deploy your apps and services using some popular cloud and container platforms such as Spring Cloud Foundry, Docker, and AWS.
By the end of the course, you will be confident in implementing the core features of Spring Boot 2.x to create scalable, optimal, and robust enterprise web applications.
About the Author
Sherwin John Calleja Tragura started his career as a Java developer by focusing on the Documentum and Alfresco document management systems. His first exposure to mobile applications started in 2010 when he first installed and used the Alfresco mobile application, which featured core document content services.
He is currently a technical corporate trainer and a subject matter expert on Java, JEE, and Spring application development. He is a certified EMC Documentum and OCP Java 7 Associate. He authored the following Packt books—Spring MVC Blueprints and Spring 5 Cookbook and also a Packt video course: Jakarta EE 8 Recipes. Before that, he was a technical editor for Alfresco Share, Alfresco 3 Records Management, Mastering Hibernate, and Delphi Cookbook.
- No prior knowledge of Spring Boot
- Basic Java programming knowledge
- Create model view controller web applications with Spring Web MVC
- Create RESTful web services and consume them in web pages with Spring Web MVC
- Secure your applications and services with Spring Security
- Include social login in your applications with OpenID Connect
- Persist data with Spring Data and MongoDB
- Build reactive applications and services with Spring Web Flux and Project Reactor
- Build stream-based and reactive applications using Kotlin
- Use Spring Cloud Config to configure your application
- Creating API gateways using Spring Cloud
- Deploy your web applications and services to a PaaS provider
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
53$ 9.99 $ 49.99
13$ 9.99 $ 49.99