Apache Maven: A Practical Introduction
In this beginners' course, you will learn how Apache Maven works from the ground up. You will be able to create and build your own Java projects with Maven.
- Self-paced with Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
Understand how Apache Maven works from the ground up and be a winner with your Java builds.
In this course, we look at the Maven build tool, which is currently the number-one industry standard for creating Java applications. By concentrating on practical hands-on demonstrations, you'll see first hand how Maven works and from there develop the confidence to be able to use it independently to build your Java projects at home, in college, or in the workplace. This is a beginners' course, although it has some useful content for those already familiar with Maven. But to get the maximum value from the course, you should really be a beginner with the tool. Maybe you've started a new job where they use it to build their applications, or you're learning industry-standard tools to get ahead of the competition. Ultimately, by unlocking the mechanics of how Maven works, you should be able to better build Java projects with the tool and have fun doing so! Please note: You'll need to be familiar with creating simple applications using Java and have an awareness of basic concepts like compilation of Java code, running of a Java class etc., as well as being familiar with using the command line to run simple commands. All the codes and supporting files for this course will be available at- https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Apache-Maven-A-Practical-Introduction
About The Author
- Matt Speake is a professional software engineer specializing in Java technologies. He has over 20 years of experience working everywhere from small startups to large global corporations and is the principal trainer at Zention in the UK.
- Java and basic concepts like compilation of Java code, running of a Java class
- Understand how Maven works under the hood
- Create and build your own Java projects with Maven
- Understand where to find dependencies (libraries) for use in your projects, and how to include them (by unlocking them and tapping into the huge Java ecosystem of open source libraries and components)
- Understand how Maven describes projects with the Project Object Model
- Appreciate how Maven resolves dependencies
- Get familiar with the build life cycle and its phases
- Understand simple build customization to execute plugins
- Know how to use Maven in Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA - the two most popular Java IDEs
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
53$ 9.99 $ 49.99
12$ 9.99 $ 49.99