If you work in the Technology industry or plan to, and don’t have an Electrical Engineering or Computer Science background, this ~100-minute course could be the most valuable training of your career.
Understanding how a computer works provides numerous advantages to the IT professional. For example:
- Familiarity with terminology and concepts that might otherwise be a complete enigma.
- Ability to communicate more effectively, gain credibility, and influence others.
- Improved technical program management capability.
- Career path options that might otherwise not be available.
- Technical understanding upon which additional knowledge can be built.
The fields of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science are incredibly broad and incredibly deep.
- The key to learning how a computer works quickly is to become familiar with just the right detail about just the right topics so you can understand what a computer actually does.
This training is comprehensive but requires no specific technical background.
- Part 1 is free so you can assess the content and determine if you want to learn more.
- Part 2 describes the processor which provides the primary function of every computer and also introduces software including how to learn more.
If you want to understand how a computer works to gain a significant competitive advantage, you’ll want to complete this unique learning experience.
- No pre-requisites are required. You will learn everything you need to know
- Learn just enough about Electricity, Transistors, Logic Gates, and Binary Numbers to understand Processor Building Blocks (e.g. Clock, Cache, Controller).
- Learn what each Processor Building Block does to understand Instruction Execution which is the primary function of every computer.
- Learn Instruction Execution to understand what every Processor does and review the specifications of two example Processors.
- Learn what Software actually is and some of what it does as well as how to learn more about Software