An event management course helping turn accidental, occasional and new event planners into confident and skilled events professionals
- Do you run or are thinking of running events?
- Do you want to know the ‘how to’ of creating and producing great events?
- Have been given an event to run and don’t know where to start?
- Do you run events and want to get a better return on your time, effort and money investment?
- Are you serious about becoming a super effective event planner?
IF SO….. THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU
Events play an ever-increasing and important part of our everyday lives. We love our events! They can encompass anything from festivals and conferences to food and craft fairs to parties and celebrations. Events are also a tried and tested method for businesses and organisations to market themselves and generate sales.
Events however, like many things in life, seem in essence quite simple things but are in fact, a little more difficult to actually deliver. Creating memorable and crucially rewarding events when visitor expectations are so high - is no easy task. Designing, planning and producing events is a bit like directing a live stage show. Unlike a show though: there is usually no dress rehearsal or full run through and once started - no second chances.
Now here’s the BUT. My experiences have shown me that we can all be great event managers, with a little of the right kind of help and a ‘can do’ attitude.
So on my on line event management course – 'How to organize successful events' I am going to teach you everything I know about the ‘how to’ of organizing great events and so give you the skills and confidence to run your OWN events…in just a few hours.
The Event Expert ‘How to organize successful events’ is a high content course designed to give you a good understanding of how to run successful events. You will get clear, logical, easy to follow advice that you can implement straight away.
You will also get high quality course materials which include:
- A 30+ page reference material – jammed packed with additional materials
- A course workbook of activities to help you try out your new found learning
- Various event planning templates – so you don’t have to create your own
- A selection of subject specific articles to help embed the learning
- Access to my unique 7-step event planning process. NB: It’s the same one I use to run my own events. I have been designing, planning and delivering events for the past 20+ years.
I know events are no soft option. However with the right kind of help and a positive attitude, I believe we can all be great event managers. This course will certainly set you up nicely to enter the wonderful world of events planning!
incidentally I knew nothing about events when I was asked to run my first event.
I learnt quickly and happily survived. I think you will too.
Who is this 'How to organize successful events' course for?
This on line event management course is specifically for:
- New event managers who have no or little actual events experience or formal training
- Anybody who has been given an event to organize or been asked to help plan and deliver an event
- Anybody who has tried events before but found they have not quite delivered
- Anybody who wants to know how to run a successful event
- Anybody who is seriously considering a career in events
So, if you are an employee or are doing this voluntarily for a charity, community group, club, association, school, college or interest group this course will give you a full understanding of the ‘how to’ of successful event planning.
It is suitable for all types of public and business events.
Please note: This course is for those serious about developing their event planning skills. It is a very comprehensive: concept to completion and every step in between 'how to' course based on my 20+ events of practical events management experience. It is for those who genuinely think events could be their thing: either professionally or as a volunteer event manager running events for your favorite course or charity.
It is not suitable for very experienced event planners but, would be a very helpful reminder of the fundamentals of successful event planning or for those who have had no formal event management training.
I would recommend you set aside about 8-10 hours to review the presentations, watch the videos, read the accompanying blogs and reference manual and complete the quizzes and exercises.
Or if time is precious: you could try and set aside an hour at a time and complete a module a day? The choice is yours
Interested? Want to learn to be a great be an events manager? Then don’t delay sign up now…it could be the start of something very special
PS: Imagine having the confidence to run your own events? To lead or be part of an event planning team organizing charity, arts and sports events: exhibitions, shows and fares, parties and celebrations and know you did yourself…with a little help from someone who started…just where you did – knowing nothing about events!
Go on: give it a go: events really could be your thing!
What are the course requirements?
- Pen, paper or a note taking device but more importantly a willingness to have a go! An internet connection would be helpful but not essential
Do I need to have run events before to go on the course?
- No you don’t. But an interest in events and a love of attending them is a must!
I've run a few events before, will this course also help me?
- Absolutely. Many event planners have had no formal event management training at all so this course will give you a proven 7 step process to help you effectively structure your future event planning and of course help turn you into a confident and skilled events professional: able to tackle bigger events!
On this course you will learn how to:
- Design events your customers or visitors actually want using objective setting to guide your events planning
- Create and design an event that excites
- Effectively project plan and budget your events
- Select, contract and work with great contractors and suppliers
- Search, evaluate, select and site plan your perfect venue
- Design a great event programme that delivers excitement and change
- Increase your event sign up rates by creating effective event promotional plans using on and off line media
- Construct accurate operational plans to help you set up and run your events
- Deliver safe, well run and risk assessed events
- Lead, motivate and brief your event day teams
- Obtain feedback and evaluate the effect of your event
And of cause know that YOU can design and deliver successful and rewarding events: packed full of great takeaway memories.