This course will get you started with Kotlin programming. Learn the basics, object-oriented features, and functional programming in Kotlin. Explore the Kotlin ecosystem and its fascinating features.
- Self-paced with Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
Dive into the Kotlin ecosystem and familiarize yourself with all of its fascinating features
Kotlin is an easy-to-learn, pragmatic language that has adopted the best traits of other popular languages such as Java, C#, Python, Groovy, and Scala. This video tutorial is your one stop guide to getting started with Kotlin programming, covering the basics, object-oriented features, and even functional programming in Kotlin.
You’ll take your first steps in Kotlin programming by building a simple “Hello, Kotlin” program. You’ll explore the basics such as types and syntax, and also basics of object-oriented programming such as classes and inheritance. Next, you’ll dive into Kotlin objects and functions, and see how they’re different from other programming languages. You’ll learn to organize your code and simplify your coding experience with the help of different functions and statements in Kotlin. From there, you’ll lwork with collections and streams, employ loops in your code, and filter data with the help of different collection operations.
Finally, you’ll dive into Kotlin’s functional aspects, where you’ll work with extension functions and values, model functions, and overload functions in Kotlin. By the end of this video tutorial, you’ll be well-versed with Kotlin’s fundamental features, and will be ready to begin your career as a Kotlin developer.
About the Author
- Edvin Syse is a Java developer in a Norwegian hosting company where he works with systems integration and tools development, both back end and front end. He is the project lead for TornadoFX – a JavaFX Framework for Kotlin, as well as several other open source projects, amongst them FXLauncher – a native auto updating launcher for Java applications. He has worked with Java and JVM technologies for more than 15 years.
- Basic knowledge of Java required
- Build basic applications with Kotlin
- Create and use custom classes for your Kotlin objects
- Build cleaner modular code with the help of Kotlin Expression functions
- Work with collections and different collection operations
- Employ infix functions to make your code more readable
- Use variable argument functions to make your code more flexible
- Type-check your objects efficiently with Kotlin smart casts
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
53$ 9.99 $ 49.99
12$ 9.99 $ 49.99